January 13, 2009

Joys of being Mom


OK, so I started today feeling sorry for myself because I have a cold (caught from Katie) and couldn't just stay in bed and feel yukky. I had to get up and be Mom, which today meant taking Dave to work, going to story hour (today was "R"), going to the grocery store, and making meals for everyone including the cat.

But I got to do it with my always-cute kid, who LOVES books and the library -- she wanted to read more books rather than play on the computer or eat goldfish in the car, loves to give hugs and tells me regularly "I love you, Mommy", and is really starting to potty train. We're in the same dry pull-up that we started the day in, and that's a first! And this afternoon I'm listening to her on the monitor (she's been in her crib for about 45 minutes, not napping) telling stories to her animals and making up songs. Those things will make me glad to feel like Mom any day.

These are my two most recent photos of Katie, both from this past weekend (you can see the swings in weather we've had in Texas this week - the top photo was an 80-degree day, and this was from a 50-degree day two days later).

No comments: