August 24, 2009

Princesses, fairies, and ballerinas


Wow, I didn't realize it had been too long since my last post. I guess I'm thinking that things aren't as exciting in Lewisburg as they were in San Antonio. Silly me.

This summer (OK, it started last winter), Katie has turned into a real little GIRL. As in pink and purple everything, and lots of dressing up. She has discovered Disney princesses, much to my chagrin, even though I have yet to buy her any branded clothing. I did break down and buy a Sleeping Beauty Little Golden Book, Disney version. I did tell her she could choose...

So this summer, Katie has spent alternating between being a princess (generic, Cinderella, or Sleeping Beauty), a fairy (or fairy princess), and a ballerina. Sometimes she is all three at once, depending on mood and footwear and whether or not she has been able to get her fairy wings off their hanger.

I wasn't going to keep -- or post -- these two photos of the melange until my sister reminded me that we'll want photos of every mood, just not beautiful smiling faces. So here they are for your amusement as much as mine.


And then, just 'cuz, another of my beautiful girl in her new favorite dress (thank goodness for hand-me-downs!).

No comments: