September 26, 2008

Mastersingers party Sept. 21

Last weekend was busy; Sunday was the San Antonio Mastersingers' annual kick-off party. The Mastersingers is the choir that I have joined for the year. It's huge -- over 150 members! But it's really good. I guess when you live in the 8th largest city in the country, you can be very picky with your singers. I feel very privileged to have made it. This season has five concerts, and I have sung the music in four of them before, believe it or not. The one I haven't sung before is the concert version of an opera that we are singing with Andrea Bocelli -- yes, that Andrea Bocelli. That's Thanksgiving week. You can bet I'll post about that when the time comes!

But this weekend we were at the director's house in Helotes, a "suburb" of San Antonio that's more rural. Good barbecue, fun conversation, and four trampolines that the kids all loved. Dave and I spent most of the afternoon taking turns holding Katie's hands on the trampoline:

No comments: