November 27, 2008

Andrea Bocelli, night 2

Okay, tonight was even more exciting -- after the concert was over, Bocelli sang two encores! The crew rolled out a grand piano, and he sat down at it to play -- and, of course, sing -- Schubert's Ave Maria. Beautiful. And especially moving for me, as I sang it in September for my father-in-law's funeral mass. The second encore was a duet from La Boheme with the fabulous soprano we had, accompanied by the conductor at the piano. It was a little strange to see all the fawning women at his feet with cameras, rose petals, etc. Good thing he can't see them. But he could hear them, I'm sure.

No more Bocelli photos (can't top the one with his arm around my waist), but a couple from the front of the Municipal Auditorium. The San Antonio Opera really did this one up, with spotlights and red carpet.


All in all, an amazing week for this singer.

No comments: